NAAS Score 2019


Declaration Format

Please download DeclarationForm and submit along with manuscript.


Free counters!

Previous Next

Gross and Pathomorphological Alterations Due to Infectious Bursal Disease Virus (IBDV) and its Localization by Indirect Immunoperoxidase in Broilers

Tanveer Ahmad Dar Shayaib A. Kamil Umar Amin Pervaiz A. Dar Masood S. Mir Z.A. Kashoo Salik Nazki Rayeesa Ali Showkat A. Shah
Vol 8(5), 313-318

The present research was undertaken to study the gross and pathomorphological alterations due to infectious bursal disease virus infection in broilers. A total of 29 outbreaks were recorded from Srinagar and adjoining districts during the study period. Out of the 29 recorded outbreaks, 22 (75.86%) were clinical outbreaks and the rest 7 (24.13%) were subclinical outbreaks. The average size of the affected flocks ranged between 2500 to 6000 birds. The affected birds were mostly between 17 and 35 days of age. Among the affected flocks morbidity varied from 30% to 60% with mortality ranging from 9 % to 25%. On postmortem examination the carcasses were found to be emaciated, dehydrated with darkened discoloration and presence of petechial and ecchymotic hemorrhages in thigh and breast muscles. Histopathological alterations mostly comprised of depletion of B- lymphocytes with RE cell hyperplasia. Indirect immunoperoxidase staining of the tissues revealed viral antigen in the form of coarsely brown deposits.

Keywords : Bursa B-lymphocytes FCA IBDV

Full Text Read : 541 Downloads : 108
Previous Next

Submit Case Reports for Special Issue (Dec’19)

Recommend IJLR to include in UGC-CARE list

Download Completed format here

IJLR_UGC CARE Recommendation


Recommendations of new journals should be routed by universities and colleges as follows:

  1. Universities: IQAC cell to respective regional CARE University
  2. Affiliated colleges: College IQAC cell to parent university’s IQAC cell. Parent university IQAC cell will forward to respective regional CARE University.

You can find Zonal UGC-CARE address here